On Site and Online Training Services for MadCap Flare
I’ve been providing training and consulting services for MadCap Flare and other MadPak products since 2008 and have traveled all over the world providing the best value in MadCap Flare training. I was the first person in the world to hold the following distinctions concurrently: MadCap MVP, troche MadCap Flare Authorized Trainer, and Certified MadCap Advanced Developer. How can I claim to provide the best value? My training gives you personalized hands-on experience using the tool. I provide Flare training and consulting during vacation from my “normal” job as a technical writer who uses MadCap Flare, MadCap Capture, and other MadPak products to complete real projects. My understanding isn’t theoretical based on what the documentation says you should do. I’ve been in the trenches — just like you — working to resolve the real problems of content creation.
- MiniMad Training (1-3 hour courses). These short modular courses, help you learn to do specific things in MadCap Flare. There are training courses across a wide variety of topics, including an introduction to Flare and what it can do, help on single sourcing content, and training on creating awesome print and web-based outputs. These courses can be taken in any order, so pick the course that you need and sign up today. (Read more.)
- Basic Training (2 or 3 day course). This course gives you an introduction to MadCap Flare. We cover concepts like topic-based authoring, stylesheets, generating output, indexing, tables, and more. This course is generally considered a pre-requisite for other courses, but if you are comfortable with the basics of Flare and are already able to generate output, you may not need this course.
- Advanced Output (1 or 2 day course). In this module you will get your elbows dirty as we cover in detail creating the specific types of output you want to create. Schedule one day for each type of output you want to customize.
- CSS Stylesheets (1 day course). Understanding CSS stylesheets is critical to getting good looking output from Flare. In this module we dive deeply into how CSS works with Flare, and how you can make stunning output.
- Advanced Single Sourcing (1/2 day to 1 day course). Flare shines brightest when you know how to use conditions, snippets, variables, and conditional snippets to single source your content for a variety of outputs. In this module, I work with your organization to identify potential opportunities to re-use content, and then I show you how to do it in your own project.
- Consulting services (variable). Having spent hundreds of hours creating content in Flare, I’m the perfect person to provide customized advice for your Flare projects. Leverage my experience to help you work with master projects, templates, and other advanced features in Flare. Or, just have me help you get your feet wet in your own project. I’ll sit with you to help you create your project, import content, customize your style sheet and build output. It’s like having a customer support representative sitting next you you while you work, showing you how to save time and reduce churn as you work on your project.
- What kind of Flare training are you looking for? (Onsite, remote, etc.)
- How many people need training?
- What is your current experience with Flare?
- What is your current experience with other help authoring tools? Which ones?
- If you are looking for on-site training, where are you located?
- How many days of training are you looking for?
- What drives your training need?
On-Site Training Rates
|Days||Price per day* (USD)|
* The price per day does not include the training material or expenses. If you want to use the standard MadCap Training guide, there will be a $300 fee, per user, for licensing and processing. I will bring the guides to the first day of training. (This is the recommended option, as you are getting content specifically designed for the classroom training environment.) If you wish to use a different training guide, you can pre-purchase “5 Steps to MadCap Flare” from the publisher, and we can adapt the guide for training purposes. Price Guarantee: When you get a price quote from me, the quote is valid for 30 days, which should give you enough time to receive and sign the contract. When you receive the price quote, it will include a quote for expenses (travel, transportation, lodging, and food). If my actual expenses exceed the quoted rate, you will NOT be liable for the difference, so there are no surprises. If my actual expenses are lower than the quoted rate, I will only bill the actual costs incurred. Payment Terms: A 20% down payment is required with your signed contract, with the balance due within 30 days of the completion of the training program. If you have questions about this policy, or wish to request a change in the policy, please contact me using the form below.
Remote Training Rates
|Days||Total Price* (USD)||Course Example|
|2||$900 per person ($450/person/day), minimum 2 people||Specific curriculum based on contract (custom training option)|
|3||$1200 per person ($400/person/day), minimum 2 people||Basic & Intermediate MadCap Flare Training Course|
|4||$1400 per person ($350/person/day), minimum 2 people||Basic & Intermediate Flare Training PLUS Advanced Styles|
* The total price is per person, with a minimum of at least two people in the same training class. (These two people do NOT need to come from the same company. I can bill multiple people or companies for a single training course.) This price does not include the training material. If you want to use the standard MadCap Training guide, there will be a $325 fee, per user, for licensing, processing, and shipping. (This is the recommended option, as you are getting content specifically designed for the classroom training environment.) If you wish to use a different training guide, you can pre-purchase “5 Steps to MadCap Flare” from the publisher, and we can adapt the guide for training purposes. Price Guarantee: When you get a price quote from me, the quote is valid for 30 days, which should give you enough time to receive and sign the contract. Payment Terms: A 20% down payment is required with your signed contract, with the balance due within 30 days of the completion of the training program. If you have questions about this policy, or wish to request a change in the policy, please contact me using the form below.
Contact me today for more information. We can work together to create a package that provides you with the information you need at a price you can afford. Please note, that as a courtesy to MadCap, I generally don’t provide price quotes to organizations who are currently negotiating with MadCap Software for training services. Please contact me directly to discuss this policy, if you have questions. [contact-form-7 id=”1117″ title=”DocGuyTraining”]